Recognizes practitioners who demonstrate exceptional professional commitment through dedication, hard work, and outstanding OT skills to improve their clients’ overall life satisfaction and their engagements in valued occupations.
- Current NBCOT certification is required for the award nominee.
- Strong connection to the NBCOT mission must be demonstrated.
- Self-nomination or nomination by others is accepted.
How to Apply
- Complete an application. You will need to create an account to access the application platform. You can also log in using your Google username and password.
- Attach the following documents:
- Two written impact statements (i.e., testimonial from a client/family member/colleague)
- Nominee's résumé (only if self-nominating)
Tips for Enhanced Responses to Application Questions
- Detailed description of how the nominee has made a positive impact through everyday OT practice to improve clients' overall life satisfaction and their engagement in valued occupations.
- This question is separate from the impact statement attachments; make sure the response is distinct and not copy/pasted from the impact statements.
- The OTR’s or COTA’s impact can be related to one client or many but should be significant and meaningful.
- Emphasize the OTR’s or COTA’s work in addition to their personality and positive attributes.
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates exceptional professional commitment and OT skills.
- Highlight information about the OTR or COTA that goes beyond standard employee behavior.
- Some examples of exceptional profession commitment might be the OTR’s or COTA’s dedication to continuing education, mentorship, leadership, etc.
- Describe how the nominee supports the mission of NBCOT.
- Make a strong connection between the OTR’s or COTA’s work and NBCOT’s mission.
About Impact Statements
Impact statements should directly relate to the award definition. Each statement should provide specific and compelling examples about the client’s life satisfaction and engagement in occupation as result of the OTR’s or COTA’s work. Statements can be from a client, a client’s family member or caregiver, or a colleague.
Be sure to check out our tips and frequently asked questions for additional details about submitting an award application.
*Please note that these are general recommendations and in no way guarantee an application resulting in an award.
Now Open for Impact Award Submissions
Submit an application or nominate a colleague for the Impact Award. Applications will be accepted until February 29, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Previous Impact Award Winners
Learn about the OTRs and COTAs who won the Impact Award in previous years.