Update on Exam Scheduling & Multiple Cancellations by Prometric
- Published: May 11, 2020
Testing resumed on May 1, 2020, at Prometric test centers where it has been deemed safe to open per government guidelines. NBCOT examinations have been evaluated as essential, which means that our candidates are among the people who have priority for securing appointments through the month of May.
You may still be experiencing delays in testing due to:
- Candidate volume – candidates from 154 other essential certifying/licensing entities are also currently scheduling appointments at Prometric test centers.
- Social distancing – state and local regulations regarding social distancing have resulted in a 50% reduction in seating capacity at test centers.
- Varied "open for business" timeline across states – state regulations impact when centers are permitted to open.
Prometric reported that over 300,000 testing appointments worldwide were canceled in the early days of COVID-19. If you have experienced multiple cancellations and are still having difficulty rescheduling, please email NBCOT at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we are not able to schedule appointments for you, a member of our staff will contact Prometric to make them aware of the scheduling challenges and advocate on your behalf. Please remember that scheduling and availability continue to evolve. You will receive a reply from NBCOT within 2 business days after receiving your request.
We are encouraged by the following recent developments:
- In the past two weeks, 146,250 testing hours have been added to Prometric's global network.
- 316 testing centers are anticipated to be open globally by the end of this month.
- Our first scoring day since March was last week, and we are proud to welcome 62 new OTRs and 18 new COTAs.
- There are currently more than 1,300 students scheduled to test in May and June.
Prometric continues to update their list of sites that are open as states have begun to ease restrictions. We encourage candidates to check the Prometric site often since more seats will become available as Prometric adds more test center hours and dates.